Stuff, Etc.

Friday, March 11, 2005

Interesting Interview with Condoleezza Rice

She sat down with some reporters and editors of the Washington Times and said some very intriguing things. Here are some excerpts,
Miss Rice said abortion should be "as rare a circumstance as possible," although without excessive government intervention. "We should not have the federal government in a position where it is forcing its views on one side or the other.

And another,
"And prayer is very important to me and a belief that if you ask for it, you will be guided. Now, that doesn't mean that I think that God will tell me what to do on, you know, the Iran nuclear problem.
"That's not how I see it. But I do believe very strongly that if you are a prayerful and faithful person, that that is a help in guiding us, as imperfect beings, to have to deal with extremely difficult and consequential matters."

And as for the possibility of President Rice in 2008,
"The last thing I can -- I really can't imagine it."

She appears to have the qualities of pandering that any good politician should have, but, she is also ridiculously conservative and would make a poor president. It's good to know that she some sense about the abortion debate and the middle ground that appears to be forming.

Full Article at Washington Times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home